If passed, the articles will provide significant benefits to the Town, including:
- New and secure property taxes memorialized in a recorded tax certainty agreement;
- Sustainability undertakings including voluntary compliance with the No Fossil Fuels By-law;
- The maintenance and adaptive re-use of the historic Mitton House;
- Substantial inclusionary zoning (affordable housing) commitments;
- Other community benefits (such as partnering with the Senior Center and Teen Job Fairs);
- An easement to the Town to provide a green buffer and protection of certain mature trees on Fisher Ave;
- Balfour will open its doors regularly to the Town of Brookline for community events.
Photos are from actual Balfour Communities.